Monday, June 7, 2010

oh my, isn't that pretty?...


check this out...
very cool.
female powers activate!

ride on Minneapolitanwomen...

I'm feeling the bike-to-work love this week,
but I admit, I'm not doing it yet.
It's personal and I don't want to get into it,
but I can't right now.
However,
leaving work today I saw the most beautiful sight...
the very busy 4 lane road
always full of cars and trucks
exceeding the speed limit by at least 20 mph
was empty
and approaching my building,
to turn right on Hennepin
were about 9 or 10 fixie-types
silently gliding in unison
on their bicycles
in complete silence.
They turned right and flowed,
they moved into the left lane in unison,
the flowed left and turned.
If only I had seen it coming
and had my camera ready.
Things like this do not happen by where I work.
I was loving it!
Fixie or no, they were on bicycles
and I say kudos my friends!

I do hope to ride at least a day this week
as I have ridden in past years,
and past lives
(see here and here).
This year,
this time,
just hasn't been it for me,
but I'm still riding as much as
I can regardless of purpose.

Ride on my friends...