Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I did it...


I was an office team of one today - everyone else had an excuse or didn't care. That's okay, I had a great ride in, so great I rode home for lunch and back again. I am tired now, and have a lot of thoughts in my head. Some encouragement about the Dutch-style bike - if I can ride the Cannondale with the rack and pannier's on it surely I can ride a Dutch-style bike. Some discouragement about the Dutch-style bike - I can hardly get this tank up the hill and I am starting to sweat and it is only in the 60 degree range - how the heck do I think I am going to ride a Dutch bike in the heat of summer up this hill? Then... going slow is nice, it is so nice to be part of the environment, not driving through it in a bubble. Then... this is not practical, it takes too long and the sweating factor is only going to get worse. A Dutch-style bike is completely impractical for me and so is riding in street clothes. Quiet mind! Overall I had two great rides and I look forward to doing it again. Goals start small - 1 day a week for now and take it as it comes with the weather heating up. Going Dutch? Well, that little voice says throw caution to the wind - what's the worst that can happen?