Sunday, October 5, 2008

taking it easy...


After a consistent Saturday routine all Summer, I've been craving a change of pace.
I just did not feel like getting all suited up on Saturday and heading out by myself for two hours.
I simply felt like going for a meandering ride about town.


My vantage point

the gal sitting next to me & Clark (in white shirt) the new local bike celebrity
Meligrosa had mentioned Unite Bike to me awhile ago, but I hadn't really planned on going.
Then I got my Minneapolis bicycle e-mail and it was mentioned again.

I thought the photographer's work was pretty great, and I felt like I should do something to show my support to the local bicycling community. H was at his cross race and I thought it would be good for me to get out and mingle.
So at 2:15 I hopped on lil'C and headed out to the park.


What a gorgeous day! It could not have been a more perfect Autumn day.
Long sleeves required, but sun warming my face and lifting my spirits.

The perfect day to lounge about in one of my new favorite parks.

before

after
It wasn't a huge crowd, but for a grassroots organized event, the turnout was pretty good.
Kudos to
Clark Patrick for getting us all together.

Many of the people had been on the Ghost Ride earlier in the day and hung around for the photo festivities.

I was happy to lend this guy my pump to fix his flat.
People were upbeat, into the sense of community, and we even managed to fold a few more passerby's on the trail into the fold. I'm not a big joiner, but this is one group where I felt at home. The photos should be up by the end of the week, so I'll post one here. I think it is safe to say we are all jazzed for the 2009 photo - let's hope the weather is as good.

unite...that's the perfect word.