Tuesday, September 16, 2008

minding The Gap...



Many a time based on principals of varying reasons, I have tried to get away from the Big Clothing Company that used to dominate the waterfront near the Ferry Building in SF. I want to hate it, but it has been some part of my bread and butter for a number of years. I have seen (and heard about) the steady decline and the attempts to bring it back to life, but I had given up hope years ago. So it was much to my surprise when I was out shopping for H's birthday present last night that I found myself holding out hope once again and walking in the doors. The Satorialist said it would happen - and it has, this place is rockin' right now and I had to regretfully put down the greatly fun Autumn finds in my arms and focus on H for a night. I haven't walked into one of these stores ever and wanted to keep looking and it looks like I am not alone. If ever there was a place that said San Francisco in so many ways, this is it for so many reasons - reinvention and style to name a few. In a few days I will be seriously minding The Gap.