Wednesday, July 2, 2008

pulling it off...


Sometimes I purposely sweat, a LOT. That's okay.

But riding my bike to work in 80+ degree weather with the sun shining down on me tends to create sweat in areas that are, well, embarrassing. I thought I was riding slow, I was going downhill most of the way, it was breezy so that was helping, but without the lycra by the time I arrived I was sweaty - not a good look you want to be sporting around your colleagues. I guess I just don't get how those folks I saw in Stockholm were pulling it off - inherently if it is warm and you are sitting on a bike seat, and you are biking, you get some little sweat breakouts in embarassing places. I want to feel glamorous, but somehow I just felt like a sweaty mess with crazy hair (please, please, grow out darn hair!). I am committed to the helmet, but when that sweat starts breaking at the back of my neck I hate the darn thing. Cotton and biking seem to not go well together in this town. I would love to buy a whole new wardrobe, but that isn't going to happen. Hmmmm..... Maybe that big heavy single speed is the way to go...