Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Bike transport...


We've been trying to figure out how to get our Tandem over to the shop now that we no longer have the truck (the crank arm broke last summer 7 miles from home). Hubby e-mailed me at work today with the answer...the super amazing haul everything Xtracycle. So far we've determined we can haul our 20 bags of leaves to the yard waste recycling center, our dog around town, do yoga on it, and yes - take the Tandem to the shop. Well, maybe not quite all that, but it would be a good workhorse.

Meanwhile, still dreaming of the perfect Dutch-style bike...I watch people bike by all day out my office window now that it is warm and I hate to admit it, but the young girl on the 20 year old green Schwinn-looking bike had it going on with that tank-of-a-bike - loved the look! What do I want in a Dutch-style bike? Well, I need lots 'o gears (not 3), comfort (I have a bad back), thin tubes (hate those big tube townie/urban cruiser bikes), a non-descript, yet very cool look (I like good design), a chain guard and a step through frame (don't want grease on my work clothes or my skirt in the chain), and it can't weigh 36 lbs (sorry Velobris). So, hubby would say I want his racing bike - no hubby, I want a Dutch-style bike! Hmmm, this is turning into an obsession. I've got more posting ideas. Must go to bed....