Saturday, February 19, 2011

family date...


It's been a long time
since I took to the skies,
and used the word
travel
in my vocabulary.

I've been in three Cities

in less than a month
and I feel alive,
with mixed emotions
of a life well travelled.
A bit like George I suppose.

I miss the old me.

but I don't miss traveling alone.

I miss the old me,
I love being mobile again

and seeing how life ticks along

in other places.


But it's good to be home.


We started out the weekend

with a Family Date

to the
Dog Wash.
A first for all of us,

more nerve racking for one of us.

But time together well spent.

A walk this morning with the pups,

time to reconnect.

A dinner, wine, and good cheese tonight,

time as a family.


I am working on one more

important Spring trip,

with incredibly good

but difficult implications

for this family of mine.

Life,

You never know where it will take you.


In the meantime,

I am looking forward

to sharing more

of my adventures

with you all

in the days to come.


Treasure those moments...