Friday, June 18, 2010

lycra best...





lycra week

I have always had a bicycle

I have not always been a bicyclist.

I have always loved bicycling

I have not always been in to bicycling.

I have always been on a bicycle

I have not always been about a bicycle.


When I reflect I see
that bicycles

were always there.

When I lived in NorCal

the bicycle bug really began to bite,

but I had a bad back

so I headed to Berkeley and bought

Lil'C.

We rode a bit together,

sometimes in Marin,

sometimes to The City,

but we never took each other

super seriously.

H and I rode our tandem

back then,

and it was a blast
.

But it was not until the move

to Minnesota

that I knew I would need

salvation.

Leaving my hyggelig behind

sent me into a tailspin

it took two years to get out of.

And when I had been through the worst

of it, began reaching to pull myself up,

I had the time to find myself.

It is in these darkest times

we strengthen who we are

learn to appreciate each day

and strive to make a better tomorrow.

If I had not fallen from my tippity Cali Top,

and reached my Minnesota bottom,

would biking still have been there for me?

Yes,

but to what degree?


In the last two years I have ridden

alone

nearly 2500 miles.

I have had a lot of time to think

in my lycra best.

My head is almost where I want it to be,

I have found my zen,

and life has become mine again...