Sunday, April 13, 2008

It's Spring 2!!!!!!!...

Well, first and foremost, that ridiculous snowy weather turned out luckily to be more slush than snow, and most importantly it is OVER! Spring is officially springing with a week of 60 degree weather headed our way. May winter never come again....or at least not for 8 months!



Second, I finished my first project on the Bernette. Check it out. I have a way to go with my sewing skills (especially that darn slip stitch), but it was so satisfying to create something in one day and use it for breakfast this morning. Hoorah! I like knitting, but it takes me about a year to complete a project, so sewing gives more instant gratification. The placemat is from Amy Butler's In Stitches book. I think I will make a couple of napkins too. Isn't the yellow polka dot fabric fun? I got it at Crafty Planet's new digs (so much better than the old place!).


And I have realized it has been awhile since I have made a shoe and design update, so here are a few of my favorite things.

HAPPY SPRING!!!!!!!