Saturday, March 17, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me


I started off the Birthday right...a little sweet treat from A Baker's Wife. IMPRESSIVE!

And, a nice little Birthday gift to myself to grace my nightstand..Lotta Jansdotter's new book! I want to make every single thing in the book. What an inspiration Lotta is. Sadly, though we were in SF at the same time, our paths never crossed. I've already got a couple of projects lined up for the summer, but the only problem is...now I need to buy a sewing machine! I can't think of a better reason to get one. Lotta is right, handmade objects are what make our daily lives and our homes unique and special.

Project 1: Sun Hat

Project 2: Gardening Tote

Just like I have learned to cook, I too will learn to garden this year. So these items will come in quite handy while making me feel urban hip. Come on Summer!


Oh and besides it being my Birthday, it's some odd Irish Holiday I always forget about...St. Patrick's Day. It's no Syttende Mai, but that's okay.


Thanks to hb19 for the photo