Sunday, October 31, 2010

tootsies...


Yep, I am still on my little sewing posting streak...
Earlier this year I had two occasions for baby gifts.

Using the Cutie Booties pattern from Amy Butler

and some awfully cute monkey fabric,

I successfully made these cute little shoes.

I do not knit much anymore, but I have to say

I would much prefer to knit a baby hat

than these fussy little shoes.

However, they were worth the effort.


And speaking of cutie booties...
I completely forgot I had these toe covers

until I started digging around

in my winter cycling gear.

These were just perfect paired along with a pair

of SmartWool socks for a low 40 degree morning.
I am a big believer in the right tool for the job,
or in this case the right cycling gear
for an enjoyable ride.
40 degree morning?!!!!
Uh Oh!
Here we go...